What it does?
Transform and Integrate Data Between Geographic Information Systems
Spatial extension for Talend is a powerful ETL based on Talend Enterprise Data Integration extending its capabilities toward geospatial information.
Talend provides integration solutions that truly scale for any type of integration challenge, any volume of data, and any scope of project, no matter how simple or complex. Talend’s highly scalable data, application and business processes integration platform leverages all information assets and accelerates dramatically the time-to-value of integration. Ready for big data, Talend’s flexible architecture easily adapts to future IT platforms. A common set of easy-to-use tools implemented across all Talend products maximizes the skills of integration teams, too. Unlike vendors offering closed and disjointed solutions, Talend offers an open and flexible platform, supported by a predictable subscription model.
How it works?
Bridging robust Open Source geospatial librairies for efficient data management
What are the supported formats?
Main GIS formats including PostGIS, Oracle Spatial, ESRI Shapefile, MIF/MID, GPX, KML, ... and OGR vector formats are available.
What are the supported transformations?
Common GIS operations are available like buffer, centroïd, inside point, area, length, distance, intersection, union, envelope, boundary, convex hull, difference, clip, simplify, ...
User benefits from the large panel of components available in Talend Data Integration and can easily interact with all type of data sources (eg. databases, XML or SOAP web services, JSON). It also support GIS data management functionnalities dealing with data publication and metadata crawling and publisher:
- OGC standards: CSW for communication with metadata catalog, WFS for accessing feature on the web
- Geographic information metadata standard ISO19139
- GeoServer REST API
Get ready in less than 5 mins
Learn where to download the package, how to install it and get ready with the spatial demo workspace. Get Ready in 5 mins.
News & events
- 30 June 2019 : Version 7.1.1
- 30 June 2019 : New workspace for GeoServer configuration from you metadata catalogue
- 09 September 2015 : Version 6.0.1
- 14 August 2015 : Automatic geospatial data inventory with Talend Spatial now support data packaging and QGIS map scan
- 22 June 2015 : Version 5.4.1
- 20 May 2014 : Automatic data & maps inventory workshop at FOSS4G-FR, ENSG, Marne-la-Vallée
- 6 November 2013 : Version 5.4.0
- 20 September 2013 : Keep Your Data And Metadata Synchronized workshop at FOSS4G 2013 Nottingham (Training materials).
- 9 September 2013 : Version 5.3.1
- 3 July 2013 : Download the demo workspace using now Natural Earth datasets and watch how to set it up!
- 20 June 2013 : Version 5.3.0
- 30 January 2013 : Version 5.2.1
- 9 November 2012 : Version 5.2.0
- 28 September 2012 : New issue tracker available on github.
- 5 September 2012 : Version 5.1.1
- 16 August 2012 : Source code move to github
- 8 July 2011 : Version 4.2.0
- 14 April 2011 : Version 4.1.2
- 6 December 2010 : Alpha release of Sextante module for TOS 4.1.x / Sextante modules
- 6 December 2010 : Version 4.1.1 / Spatial modules only
- 6 October 2010 : Version 4.1.0 / Spatial modules only
- 3 June 2010: Version 4.0.1 of TOS with Spatial modules
- 20 January 2010: Version 3.2.2 of Spatial Data Integrator
- 22 October 2009: Version 3.2.0 of Spatial Data Integrator
- 27 October 2008: Version 1.3.0 of Spatial Data Integrator
- 2 October 2008: SDI at FOSS4G2008
- 8,9,10 april 2008: SDI on the OpenSource village of Paris - Géo-événement 2008
- 7 April 2008: Version 1.2.0 of Spatial Data Integrator
- 3 April 2008: FOSS4G for geodata transformation technical workshop in Lyon / France
- 29 January 2008: Version 1.1 of Spatial Data Integrator
- November 2007: Spatial Data Integrator at the UN GeoNetwork workshop
- September 2007: Spatial Data Integrator at FOSS4G2007
- François-Xavier Prunayre (titellus)
- Benjamin Chartier
- Mathieu Coudert (Spot Image)
- Yves Jacolin (Camptocamp)
Get the source
git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:talend-spatial/talend-spatial.git