What it does?
Transform and Integrate Data Between Geographic Information Systems
Spatial extension for Talend is a powerful ETL based on Talend Enterprise Data Integration extending its capabilities toward geospatial information.
Talend provides integration solutions that truly scale for any type of integration challenge, any volume of data, and any scope of project, no matter how simple or complex. Talend’s highly scalable data, application and business processes integration platform leverages all information assets and accelerates dramatically the time-to-value of integration. Ready for big data, Talend’s flexible architecture easily adapts to future IT platforms. A common set of easy-to-use tools implemented across all Talend products maximizes the skills of integration teams, too. Unlike vendors offering closed and disjointed solutions, Talend offers an open and flexible platform, supported by a predictable subscription model.
How it works?
Bridging robust Open Source geospatial librairies for efficient data management
The spatial extension use GeoTools, GDAL/OGR, Java Topology Suite for reading and writing GIS formats and for processing features. Beta components are also available based on Sextante library providing RASTER processing.
What are the supported formats?
Main GIS formats including PostGIS, Oracle Spatial, ESRI Shapefile, MIF/MID, GPX, KML, ... and OGR vector formats are available.
What are the supported transformations?
Common GIS operations are available like buffer, centroïd, inside point, area, length, distance, intersection, union, envelope, boundary, convex hull, difference, clip, simplify, ...
User benefits from the large panel of components available in Talend Data Integration and can easily interact with all type of data sources (eg. databases, XML or SOAP web services, JSON). It also support GIS data management functionnalities dealing with data publication and metadata crawling and publisher:
- OGC standards: CSW for communication with metadata catalog, WFS for accessing feature on the web
- Geographic information metadata standard ISO19139
- GeoServer REST API
News & events
- 30 January 2013 : New Talend Spatial module version 5.2.1
- 9 November 2012 : New Talend Spatial module version 5.2.0
- 28 September 2012 : New issue tracker available on github.
- 5 September 2012 : New Talend Spatial module version 5.1.1
- 16 August 2012 : Source code move to github
- 8 July 2011 : New Talend Spatial module version 4.2.0
- 14 April 2011 : New Talend Spatial module version 4.1.2
- 6 December 2010 : Plug the alpha release of Sextante module to TOS 4.1.x / Sextante modules
- 6 December 2010 : Plug the new spatial module to TOS 4.1.1 / Spatial modules only
- 6 October 2010 : Plug the new spatial module to TOS 4.1.0 / Spatial modules only
- 3 June 2010: New release / Version 4.0.1 of TOS with Spatial modules
- 20 January 2010: New release / Version 3.2.2 of Spatial Data Integrator
- 22 October 2009: New release / Version 3.2.0 of Spatial Data Integrator
- 27 October 2008: New release / Version 1.3.0 of Spatial Data Integrator
- 2 October 2008: SDI at FOSS4G2008
- 8,9,10 april 2008: SDI on the OpenSource village of Paris - Géo-événement 2008
- 7 April 2008: New release / Version 1.2.0 of Spatial Data Integrator
- 3 April 2008: FOSS4G for geodata transformation technical workshop in Lyon / France
- 29 January 2008: New release / Version 1.1 of Spatial Data Integrator
- November 2007: Spatial Data Integrator at the GeoNetwork workshop
- September 2007: Spatial Data Integrator at FOSS4G2007
- François-Xavier Prunayre (titellus)
- Benjamin Chartier
- Mathieu Coudert (Spot Image)
- Yves Jacolin (Camptocamp)
Get the source
git clone email@example.com:talend-spatial/talend-spatial.git